Get the latest news and information about past, current, or upcoming events via our official Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/EdmontonUnitingChurch/
Learn how to read the bible. Then explore the overarching meta-narrative (big picture). And then dive into the rich and diverse detail.
If you are a visual learner you will find this video series from the Bible Project incredibly compelling.
- I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
- I have found a desire within myself that no experience in this world can satisfy; the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world.
- Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: What! You too? I thought I was the only one.
- A man can no more diminish God’s glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word ‘darkness’ on the walls of his cell.
- No one ever told me that grief felt so like fear.
- Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person’s ultimate good as far as it can be obtained.
- You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.
- Aim at heaven and you will get earth thrown in. Aim at earth and you get neither.
- God cannot give us a happiness and peace apart from Himself, because it is not there. There is no such thing.
- Faith, in the sense in which I am here using the word, is the art of holding on to things your reason has once accepted, in spite of your changing moods.